Focus your creative mind and turn your curiosity into a career. At Columbus State, you’ll study the science behind psychology – developing new insights and building the skills you need to improve the lives of others.
Columbus State’s curriculum includes empirical, theoretical, and applied approaches to the study of psychology. Here, you’ll be free to pursue specialty areas within the discipline, design independent study projects that match your interests, and build your professional network through internships.
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
- Ms. Madison Harris - Psychology Student of Excellence Award (2019)
- Ms. Jenna Gaskins - Psychology Academic Achievement Award (2019)
- Ms. Lacey Little - Psychology Undergraduate Research Award (2019)
- Ms. Jessica Moody - SRACE Grant Recipient (2018-2019)
- Ms. Michelle Chavarria - Co-winner Best Research Presentation, CSU Tower Day (2017)
- Drs. Stephanie da Silva and Aisha Adams - Affordable Learning Georgia Mini-Grant, Round 12 (2018)
- Dr. Diana Riser - Georgia Governor's Teaching Fellow (2018)
- Dr. Aisha Adams - STEM Mini Grant (2018)
- Dr. Stephanie da Silva - Chancellor's Learning Scholar (2018-2020)
- Dr. Diana Riser - Finalist, CSU Educator of the Year Award (2018)
- Dr. Stephanie da Silva - CSU Teaching Innovation Award (2018)
- Dr. Stephanie da Silva - CSU Faculty Writing Fellow (2018-2019)
- Dr. Stephanie da Silva - STEM Mini-Grant (2018)
- Dr. Stephanie da Silva - CSU University Grant (2018-2019)
- Drs. Stephanie da Silva and Amber Lupo - Affordable Learning Georgia Grant (2018)
- Dr. Aisha Adams - CSU University Grant (2017)
Discovery and innovation is at the heart of Psychology at CSU. We’re focused on helping students think creatively and critically, conduct cutting-edge research, analyze data, and present results. Multiple research labs and facilities support coursework and independent study initiatives. Our instructors are accomplished professionals in the field of psychology. Current faculty research projects include brain function, memory, gender identity, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and much more.
From cognitive psychology to behavior analysis, the department prepares students for rewarding careers and advanced study. To enrich the learning experience, we offer study abroad programs and opportunities for students to be part of the Psychology Club, the local chapter of Psi Chi, and the International Honor Society in Psychology.